Monday, January 5, 2015

7th Transfer: Week 5 ~ Funny and Crazy Experiences:)

Sister Dean's Christmas Tree!

So I have some really funny and crazy experiences that happened to us this week. Let me start with Sunday.

---Last Sunday right after we had the closing prayer in Relief Society, this sister started giving a speech about a big political event that she was having in the Bahamas. We 4 sisters sat there listening to her when she announced that there would be a special guest. So me and the other 3 sisters were like "oh I wonder who the special guest is going to be" then all of a sudden with her arms stretched out towards us she said, "AND THE SPECIAL GUESTS ARE GOING TO BE THE 4 SISTER MISSIONARIES!" I was like "NOSA!" We can't do that. She then
My pretty scarf that Sister Dean got me:)
came up to talk to us to tell us what she wanted us to do for her. Apparently she wanted us to talk about the Book of Mormon on TV at this political event and immediately we told her that we as missionaries cannot go to political events and she told us not to worry that she will make sure we are taken care of so President Brown doesn't need to worry. And again we told her that our missionary handbook states that we cannot go to events like that and we apologized. We are actually going to her house tonight to eat.

--For New Years, we blew up air mattresses and put them in the living room and we all just
New Years Eve:)
slept there. Well I guess that every New Year's Eve they have big fire works that they shoot over Atlantis. We happen to live in a neighborhood next to Atlantis, so all of a sudden at midnight (after I finally went to sleep) we started hearing "BOOOOM!!" "BOOOMM!!" I was like.... are you kidding me?! But when we looked out our window we could see these huge fireworks, so that was pretty fun. And of course we were very tired the next morning, but nevertheless we got the work done that day!

----We went over to see a sister and her family and out of the blue they asked us when transfers are. We told them transfer calls are this Saturday. Oh my goodness you would have
Our socks!
thought something tragic happened. They were like "we hope you both get to stay with us! Before you leave we have to have a picture with you and our family!" And we told them that we probably are not leaving but we won't know for sure until transfer calls. It was so sweet. It made me and Sister Dill feel happy. We love their family. Every time we go to their house the kids run out yelling "Teachers" or "Sisters". They come running to my side of the door. I have to lock it, then roll down the window and tell them we need to pray first before we go inside the house. Sweet little babies! But I truly do love everyone that we have met and taught here in Nassau. I am hoping and praying that none of us leave!

---Also, when we were walking back to our car from an appointment some mechanic guy was out there and he said "Oh your hair is so beautiful!" with this creepy look on his face. Some creepy people out there! ha!

---LAST BUT NOT LEASSSSSSTTTT!!! JEROME is being baptized this SUNDAY morning at 8:30 in the morning!! Woohooo!!! we are soooo excited!!! President Ferdinand even said that he can see him becoming a branch president some day. Its true, he is awesome! He was the one that I saw in our phone and in the area book, and I was like who is this guy? and I asked Sister Oman and she said that he had been taught before. So I called him up and we taught him. Now he is going to be baptized. I am so exciteddddd!!

---Learning experience: President Brown and the Lord have taught me a valuable lesson. When I get upset due to different things President Brown always asks me the same question. "Well, what did you learn from this experience?" and I always find something that I have learned from it. The Lord works in mysterious ways in our lives. Without opposition we would not learn. We would not progress in becoming like our Savior, Jesus Christ. This straight and narrow path is not easy, but as we endure it well we will find, that in the end, we will be able to return back to our Father in Heaven. Even then when we are with him, he will be willing to continue to teach us all things.

OH YAYY!! I am so glad you all loved everything. As for Brittany's jewelry, yes I was not able to ship that. They said that someone would steal it. So I will hold on to it til I get home. But I was happy because I know that she has jewelry and will make use out of the jewelry box anyway. You can just take off her note, because it mentions the jewelry on it. When I went to DHL he ripped up everything that I wrapped of course, so now I know not to wrap anything if I go through DHL. Also DHL was so expensive. I am soooo sorry I had no idea it would cost that much. I felt so bad. But on a more positive note I am so glad you all liked everything I picked out for you guys. Did you get the painting for the family you guys can put up?? It is a coaster, to put plates on but I loved the painting. The guy who painted it is a good friend of mine in the straw market. He gets excited to see us! so he was happy to do that for you all :) I told him what to put on it! I am so happy you loved everything!! He also put patois on your gift and on dads drum too :) I'm so glad that Adam liked that clock! When i was in the straw market I saw that and I was like "I think adam would like that! " It was between that and this huge boat that I thought was cool, but then I was led back to that clock. That screams Bahamas. It's all about the pirates here in the Caribbean. There is so much history here. Wherever you drive you see ruins and forts that belonged to the pirates who were here here back in the day. :)

I will be getting my hair cut tomorrow! finally!! of course it's just going to be cutting the dead ends off and getting my layers put back into my hair. My hair has gotten extremely long. I can't imagine how long it would be if I didn't cut it for another 8 months.

Well, that is all that I can think of about my week thus far, Sorry for this long e-mail but on the other hand I think you will enjoy reading it. I can't wait to see what all has happened there in good ole Del Rio!!

Continue to be safeeee todayyy and have a great weeeeekkk!!!!!! LOVE YOU ALL MY FAMILY!! We will be having transfer calls this Saturday morning so you will know what happens next Monday. LOVE YOU ALLLL!!

-Sister Judd :)